Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FAQ

For the first time ever, I have decided to do a FAQ post.  Questions from clients are common and hey questions are only normal.  So I thought it would be fun to mainstream my answers to the questions that are most frequently asked.

Do you have a studio from which you shoot?
No, I do not have a studio.  I am an on-location and outdoor photographer.  I think that nature has the best backdrop and love outdoor shoots!  However, I am happy to shoot an indoor session at your church, home, the building you rented for the party, etc. too.

For a family shoot, how many final images can I expect to receive?
It depends. For an hour shoot, I would say anywhere between 25-40 final edited images.  Lots of things play into the outcome.  Is the weather as predicted? Are baby and all family members healthy and in a good mood? Etc.

What is the best time for a photo shoot?
The best time for a photo session, engagement or otherwise, is about an hour or two before sunset.  The sun provides the most beautiful, non-direct, warm light at that time.  The second best time for a session is in the early morning, before the sun is directly overhead.  The lighting will have a cooler (vs. warm) tone to it then.  For a morning shoot especially, plan to pick a shady location!

How far out in advance should I schedule our shoot?
As far out as possible.  A few months notice is ideal.  As a wedding photographer, things get pretty busy in the summer. So planning ahead will insure we are able to get something scheduled.  Brides, I book a year out.  The sooner you know your date and venue and check in with me, the better chance of my availability.

To all you potential clients out there, I hope this FAQ post helps!  Please check back regularly for more FAQ blogs.


A shot from my most recent shoot.  Be sure to check out the slideshow on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!