Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preventative Measures

Credit cards. You are the death of so many people. Why do you hate us so?

Four weeks ago, as a preventative measure, I started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course.  I am learning so much! I only wish that I would have known this stuff sooner.  I feel like I am getting such a late start on things.

Numbers, budgets, balancing: they are my thing.  You don't have to be a nerd though to get through this class.  You just have to know one!

I fully recommend this to anyone and everyone.  Especially before you are drowning in debt!  I truly want to be able to live debt free (with the exception of my mortgage).  Wouldn't that be the best feeling in the world?  To know that you have no monthly payments to make?  And the best news is, is that it is possible to do.  Dave Ramsey has the outline to follow.  The steps to get there.

This week's lesson involved cutting up credit cards.  It was funny to see how people dread (and struggle) giving up their very first credit card.  The first credit card is like a night lovey for a kid.  You love it and can't let it go, no matter how old you (or it) gets.

I find myself walking around saying, "Well, Dave Ramsey says............."  (Much to my husband's dislike, I am sure.)

Please, please, please, check this course out.  It is only 13 weeks long.  Find a class in your area!

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

In other news today,

I found the theme song for Sammi sweatheart and Ronnie (Jersey Shore).  "Love the way you lie" by Eminem.  It is hilarious to listen to this song and think of the two of them.  Viewer Discretion is Advised!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!