Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Scrooge

We all know they're out there.  The Scrooge's of the world.  Maybe you've read or heard a story about one or perhaps you've met the neighborhood grouch who's home remains black as night throughout the entire Christmas season.  You can imagine my shock when my husband and I's first Christmas (as a married couple) rolled around and I realized that I was married to one!

Now, in his defense, he is not as bad as most Scrooge's.  But if you are counting on him to rush outside and throw up a few lights for you, bust out the Christmas decorations, or sit around with you during the whole month of December and listen to Christmas songs, you are dreaming.  I'll admit some of the radio stations start a bit early with the Christmas songs, but hey it's once a year right?

Nonetheless, I still love him.  He is not just any scrooge; he is MY Scrooge!  And I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!