Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is a great time of year!  For one day you can dress up as whatever or whomever you wish.  This year my husband and his co-workers went as the Village People.  Jesse was the biker and needed an all leather ensemble.  In the midst of finding all the pieces for his outfit, the idea for me to be Sandy (the bad, all leather version) from Grease came about.  After a few trips to Goodwill, the dog department at Walmart, and the local Halloween Store, this is what we came up with:





Not perfect, but still fun!

As for the kids on Halloween night, they went as different people from the Wizard of Oz.  Aubrey, my oldest, went as Dorothy, Mady went as Glenda the Good Witch, Lincoln went as the Scarecrow, and Jackson went as the Cowardly Lion.  I know what you are thinking......and the answer is yes, I have four children and they are all 7 years old and under!  Of course our dog, Dexter, went as Toto.







I hope you had a great Halloween this year as well.  If you have never dressed up for Halloween before, you should!  You have a whole year to come up with something amazing.  The best costumes I saw this year: Dexter (the butcher version) from the hit TV series and cousin Eddie (a white bathrobe, long brown dress socks, a hunter's hat, dress shoes, and a cigar: "the "crapper" was full!") from the movie Christmas Vacation.  The best costume I heard about: A woman going as a shake weight.  Surprisingly, I never even saw a Lady Gaga costume!

Well back to reality.....