Friday, November 5, 2010

Modern Family vs. Arrested Development

For those of you who have cable, you will have to forgive me for this post may seem a little outdated.  Jesse and I finished watching season 1 of Modern Family last week and started watching season 2 last night.  Modern Family is the BEST show!!  Before this show came along, Arrested Development (I can't even venture to guess how many times Jesse and I have watched all its episodes.  It never gets old!) was unmatched.  Now, I'm not sure which show I like better.  Let's talk favorite characters and compare........

Oldest First: Arrested Development:

I think the best character on arrested development is a tie between Gob Bluth and Tobias Funke.  The awful magician tricks, stupidity, stripper pants, and sexy "club sauce" voice make Gob a shoe-in.  While the jean short cut-offs (never nude) and obviously gay mannerisms and comments, make Tobias a contender as well.




In a close second is Lucille Bluth.  What's not to love about an unemotional, selfish, alcoholic old woman? Lucille wins the "Worst Mother of the Year" award, but her character is hilarious.  There is never a dull moment when she is on the screen.       


Modern Family:

I think the best character is Phil. Oh Phil......  What can I say?  He is everything in a character and more.




   However, Cameron is a favorite as well.  Cameron's neediness, his drama queen personality with a just touch of sporty masculinity, and outfits make him a joy to watch.  His character definitely adds to the show.



Oh I don't know, I can't choose.  Which is your favorite and why?