Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jasmine Star

I have had the opportunity over the past few days to watch the Jasmine Star CreativeLive workshops.  I have to be honest, before starting this 5 day workshop I never followed Jasmine Star.  I knew she was supposed to be an awesome photographer, but I never stopped to really study her work.  I came to find out, that she is AMAZING!  I have not even finished all of the videos for day 1 and I feel as though I have learned so much about photography and running a business. 
Despite her full ride at UCLA law school, Jasmine Star decided to quit so that she could discover her true passion.  This eventually lead her to start up her own photography business.  I am in awe of her intelligence and her simple business strategies.  I am extremely jealous of her confidence.  She wants her clients to know her, even if it repeals them away from her business in the end.  She started from nothing, and gives me the hope that I can do it too.
If you are a photographer and don't know who Jasmine Star is, you should definitely check her out!