Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dexter Season 4

My husband and I have Netflix and just started watching Season 4 of Dexter.  So far in this season, Dexter has had some HUGE evolving moments!  We are currently watching the episodes on the second disc in the season series.
"Dex Takes A Holiday": I was blown away by this episode!  Dexter has always been hallow inside, non-human, and emotionless.  Until now, that is.  In the mist of "bringing justice to the world", Dexter discovers that for the first time in his life he truly cares for something; his family.  Who could possibly have seen this coming?  Will this eventually change Dexter altogether?  Will he someday find access to his other emotions? Will he ever feel guilt?
"If I Had A Hammer": Just when I thought the big twist for the season had already been revealed, I watched this episode.  Dexter goes to "school" and learns how to live out in the OPEN!  Wow!  He moves his trophy blood box, bone saw, knives, plastic wrap and all, right in with his family.  No apartment or secret hiding place?  Those days are over.  Rita has already discovered Dexter's bad habit of lying, how much longer until she realizes the full extent of just who Dexter really is?  I am intrigued! 
Despite my positive flowing energy for this show, I find that I have a lot of negative feelings as well.  Rita is a good women, to a fault even.  She can't help but love damaged men.  But of course neither can Deb.  What will happen when they both discover that they have given their lives and love to another monster?  Or will that moment ever come?  Either way, I hurt for the both of them.  Dexter is a father for crying out loud.  If he is exposed he would ruin his children's lives and potentially cause Deb or Rita to commit suicide....to many failures in a row might do that to you.  There is no way for this show to end well, or at least for me and my "happily ever after" way of thinking. 
Even though an ending of pain is inevitable, I find myself suckered into continuing to watch this show.  I am to heavily invested now, I can't turn back.