Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Favorites!

What's your favorite........  Movie? Not sure. Color? Can't pick. Name? Don't have one. Restaurant? Hard to say.

I live in the land of favorites.  For me, favorite questions are too general.  Ask me my favorite Mexican Restaurant and I would automatically say La Familia.  Ask me my favorite 80's movie, and BAM the answer, Dirty Dancing, pops to mind.  I need specifics!  That's who I am.  Detailed.  Type A.

But since we are on the topic and I am blogging, I feel it is important that I answer one question that shows a well rounded me and gives you an indication of WHO Brandi Tanksley is. 

What are the places (your favorites) that you just couldn't live without?

  • Burger Stand.  Gourmet burgers and a variety of unusual fries.  There isn't a better hamburger place out there!  The price is reasonable and the food is AMAZING. 
  • La Familia.  The food seems authentic and is DELICIOUS. The place is not fancy, but don't turn away! (Is it obvious yet that I haven't had breakfast?  All I can think about is food!)
  • Half Price Books.  I could (and do) spend hours hunting for books in there.  What a variety.  And all so cheap.  What do I care if the book I want to read is a used copy.  As long as the book is a decent copy and I can make out the words, we are good to go.
  • Target.  Don't get me wrong.  I do Walmart just as much as the next girl, but every once in awhile I need a break.  A break from the warehouse atmosphere.  (I'm not a snob, I promise!)  I just love the breath of fresh air that Target brings.  They have good furniture too!
  • Habitat for Humanity: Restore Shop.  If I need a time out and want to daydream about projects, unfinished furniture, and house decor, this is the place I go to.  Warning:  All stuff in this place is used!  Unless you can see beyond something's outer, current appearance, this may not be the place for you.  (Yes, Jesse, I mean you.)  Although if you need to fix the bathroom sink or need some scrap trim, give them a try!  Prices are great.
  • Hobby Lobby/Michaels. Both great places.  I need a craft store to shop at.  I get new hobbies all the time.  Just ask Jesse!  I have been through so many artistic outlet phases.  Embossing, Cross stitching, Scrapbooking, and Painting to name a few.  Some stick.  Some don't.  What can I say?  I like to dabble.
For the sake of this blog's length and my growling stomach, the list must stop here. Discover new places!  I love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment!