Monday, November 15, 2010

Busted Heal

I had been eyeing a certain pair of shoes at Plato's Closet for awhile and eventually decided my wardrobe desperately needed them.  Naturally, the next morning I couldn't wait to put them on with my outfit.  I felt like a model (though I'm sure I didn't really look like one) with my new pair of skinny jeans and shoes on.  I felt confident and like I could conquer the world.  It's funny how a new pair of shoes can do that to you!

Lo' and behold, not even 2 hours into wearing them, the heal on one of them busted.  Unbelievable!!  Here I am standing in church filling my cup with coffee, and one of my shoes busts.  I quickly turned to my husband asking him for his advice.  His response, "Here are the keys.  Why don't you drive home and grab a pair of boots and then come back?"  Let me fill you in on one important piece of information, we live about 20 to 25 minutes away from our church ONE WAY.   My response, "I'll just go bare foot, who cares?"  Apparently that was an unspeakable faux pas, based on Jesse's reaction.

The solution: I decided to stick the heal back on (luckily it wasn't a clean break) and walk on my toes.  I made it through the morning like that!  My new found confidence was short lived.  All I have to say is, Gorilla Glue better work!