Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Wish List

I have been driving my husband crazy for the past several months about buying camera lenses.  I'll admit I am a bit obsessed with them.  Each lens is so unique and gives an entirely new look to your pictures, what's not to love?
My Equipment:
I shoot with the Canon 40D.  So far, I have had a love/hate relationship with this camera.  From the moment we met, the camera has had an occasional lock up failure.  That is until a few weeks ago, when I finally sent it off to Canon Repair.  On the positive side of things, the camera takes great pictures and fits perfectly in my hands.  More importantly though, it makes me feel and look like a professional.  No more amateur hour!
The lens I shoot exclusively with is the Canon 50mm 1.8.  You can't find a better lens for the money!  However, I am ready to upgrade.  I am ready to rotate multiple lenses and start defining my photography style.
My Wish List:
Priority #1:  Locate and Secure the Canon 70-200mm f/4 L series lens.  All photographers have to agree that, "What you pay for is what you get."  If you want good glass, it is going to cost some serious bucks.  I am weeks away from owning this lens.....assuming my husband is on board with the idea.
Priority #2: Upgrade my Canon 50mm 1.8 to the Canon 50mm 1.4.  What can I say?  I want the lower f/ stop.
Priority#3: A wide angle lens.  I am thinking the Canon 28mm will do the trick.
Priority#4: Next stop, the Canon 85mm f/1.8. 
I would love to continue, but this list creates a realistic starting point.  Who knows, perhaps one day I will want to upgrade to the Canon 5D.  Now for convincing my husband...............